An Act of Balance

Finding the balance between faith and fortune, between love and pain, between anger and despair - a tale of a Chinese woman born out of time.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Where Da Muse?

[Author's Notes] Where's the Muse? Dagnamit!

I had pumped out three paragraphs before I had to pick Bratworse up. After getting home, there was a tiny little emergency and I had to leave the house again. Furious, I took care of it, came home, sat down, and realize the muse decided being around an angry resigned idealist just wasn't fun. So she took a hike.

And I'm here cussing myself out cause who is there to blame? No one. I didn't have to get angry. If I had just quickly taken care of business and come home, the muse might've even rewarded me for my good behaviour. But no, I hadda get angry. So now, I'm writing this instead of writing the story.

It's not enough that I had to discard 1,399 words. Yes, you read that correctly. My day off yesterday to kick off Nanowrimo was pretty much in vain. I wrote 1,399 of discardable material. Not only are they discardable, they should be discarded. Did you smell the stink?

Okay, okay, I'm being hard on myself. It wasn't that the words stank. Actually, I'm really pissed that I can't use my opening line there. It was just that the writing had no direction. It was like watching an ant in a box. It goes this way, stops, backs up, heads another way to stop, back up and head another direction. Useless.

So for yesterday's final tally, it was a whopping 800 words.

And today so far, it's been about 500 words. I need to average 1500 words a day to make it.

Okay. Maybe after a piece of chicken (get your minds out of the gutter. I'm talking KFC here.) I'll feel better and can put more down. Hope you are enjoying this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home